Get A Quote
“12 Days of Reasons” Why Your Client Should List Their Home During the Holidays
It’s no secret…a lot of potential real estate clients are hesitant to list their homes during the Holiday Season. However, there are actually really great reasons to list a home during the “most wonderful time of the year,” and here’s why:
1. On the first day of Christmas my client said to me, “I can’t list my home when it’s covered with Christmas glee.”
Did you know that homes are usually better looking when they are decorated for Christmas? Not only does it pull on the emotional heartstrings of potential buyers, but it’s inviting, friendly and gives interested buyers a glimpse into what could be.
2. On the second day of Christmas my client said to me, “The competition seems to be lacking, so I better wait for more interest to be knocking.”
Actually, because there are fewer listings right now, you have a much better chance of getting your home noticed. Less competition means more demand and a higher potential of finding the right buyer.
3. On the third day of Christmas my client said to me, “Now’s not the right time to sell because people will just be pulling our tail.”
If a buyer is interested during the Holiday season, it’s for good reason and often means they are very serious. Whether they are moving mid-year for a new job or to be closer to family, there’s often a “need” versus a “want.”
4. On the fourth day of Christmas my client said to me, “It’s not a seller’s market, I better just wait and park it.”
Did you know that during the Holiday Season and winter months, statistics show the opposite? When housing sales remain steady and the number of homes entering the market goes down, a trend towards a seller’s market is the result.
5. On the fifth day of Christmas my client said to me: “If I sell my home now I won’t get enough money. That’s worse than an empty Christmas tummy!”
As mentioned before, less competition means more demand. With very serious buyers during the Holiday Season, you actually may receive more money for your home right now. Many homes sell for more, and in less time, right now.
6. On the sixth day of Christmas my client said to me, “I can’t show my home right now because I’m too busy, I’ve got to wrap presents, decorate and make a million cookies!”
Yes, it’s a very busy time of year…especially in our homes. But virtual showings are becoming the new norm! And not only that, if you work with a great real estate agent, they can make the scheduling and logistics for showing much easier for you and your family.
7. On the seventh day of Christmas my client said to me, “No one will be looking at houses this Holiday Season, they are too busy celebrating to have a good reason.”
We all know that the Holiday Season brings time off from work and school. This may give your potential buyers more time to actively look for their dream home.
8. On the eighth day of Christmas my client said to me, “Who wants to move during the New Year? People are too busy singing about a reindeer.”
January is a very big moving month for a lot of serious buyers. This is due to mid-year school calendars if they have children and a good starting point for new investments, etc.
9. On the ninth day of Christmas my client said to me, “The winter is too cold for moving. I’d rather wait for Spring when the flowers are blooming.”
Oftentimes, buyers will work with sellers and purchase now with clauses to delay, or rent back, until it’s more convenient for you to move. You real estate agent can help you with this process.
10. On the tenth day of Christmas my client said to me, “I want to buy a new home in the Spring, so if I sell now will I be left struggling?”
Selling your home during the winter months, and either “renting back” or finding alternate arrangements until you find your new home, will give you the advantage of negotiating without a contingency on the sale of your home. You will also have a few more months to focus on exactly what you want,and be ready to jump as soon as you find it.
11. On the 11th day of Christmas my client said to me, “I heard showings dwindle in the winter, so how will we ever sell to a winner?”
Yes, there may be fewer showings during the winter and Holidays, but the ones you do get are very serious about moving. Sometimes it’s about quality versus quantity.
12. On the 12th day of Christmas my client said to me, “I’m scared of the unknown, but I’d like to sell my home.”
A seasoned real estate agent is there to guide you through any fears or uncertainties when it comes to listing your home during the Holiday Season—or any season for that matter. Find someone who knows your community, is trustworthy and is up to speed on the latest market trends to help you navigate the process.
Velocity Title Moves Your Business Forward All Year Long
No matter the season, Velocity Title supports the real estate industry with a comprehensive line of title services that add value to each and every transaction. At Velocity Title, Our Personal Support Makes You Look Good Every Time! With a focus on the best CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE, Velocity Title incorporates leading title TECHNOLOGY and EXPERTISE into every transaction—enabling the final step in the home buying process to be EASY, EFFICIENT and INFORMATIVE. For the perfect settlement experience every time, click here or contact us today!