Get A Quote
Real Estate Today: Meeting Your Needs Amidst the Coronavirus
It’s no secret, the coronavirus is impacting everyone’s lives. And as the weeks progress, the effects of this pandemic can be felt in most areas of our economy, including real estate. However, even in the midst of uncertainty, homes are still being listed, sold, refinanced and in some cases “virtually viewed.” It may not be business as usual in our country right now, but at Velocity Title we are determined to keep it as close to that as possible. As the coronavirus has emerged and spread, I feel it is important to let you know what Velocity Title is doing to keep our clients, coworkers, and neighbors safe and healthy.
Assessing Updated Bulletins from Title Insurance Underwriters
First, we are receiving updated bulletins from the Title Insurance Underwriters servicing MD, DC, VA and FL. These bulletins are providing title insurance agencies with new protocols on handling abstracting, underwriting and settlements in light of the COVID-19 impact. As with all businesses, things are changing daily and we are adjusting our protocols accordingly. We will be communicating with all of our customers and clients with any changes that may result in an impact on settlement services. Look for weekly or sooner updates as things progress. Velocity Title will endeavor to continue to provide updates and the best possible service to our client to meet their unique needs.
Following Center for Disease Control Recommendations
Second, we are closely following the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control. Here are some of the measures we are taking, and instructions for settlements we are asking everyone to follow:
- All employees have been instructed to follow the recommendations regarding hand-washing and avoidance of touching their faces, noses and mouths.
- Any employees, who are sick, have been instructed to stay home and work remotely.
- If on the day of your settlement you are sick, please do not presume to come to settlement. Please contact us immediately so that we can make alternate arrangements that will minimize exposure and risk to others.
- Before each Settlement a fresh supply of pens will be provided to minimize the risk of cross-contamination. Each client will leave with their own pen used in settlement.
- The conference room tables and other surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant between settlements.
- We ask that only essential personnel attend settlements. If at all possible, please avoid bringing children with you to settlement until this pandemic is over in order to minimize viral exposure.
- We will refrain from using any props for photos after settlement to avoid exposure.
- In the spirit of everyone’s time and health safety, have your phones turned off / silenced in order to minimize distractions in an effort to expedite the settlement process.
- We respect that you may want hand sanitizer and / or facemasks. Due to limited supply, we may not have these items available, so please bring your own if you wish to have either or both of these.
- Our offices are cleaned daily. We have now increased frequency and focus of those cleanings with special attention to sanitizing door handles, conference room tables / chairs, and any other frequently touched surfaces.
In this fast-changing situation, we continue to monitor the CDC’s recommendations and consult with the appropriate professionals to ensure the health and safety of all of us – our clients, co-workers and members of the local community.
By following these best practices recommended by the CDC and other health care professionals, along with the cooperation of our patrons, we are doing our best to provide a safe and healthy environment. We will continue to operate and look forward to serving you with the same high standards you expect from Velocity Title.
If you have any questions, please contact us here or call 301.805.2900.
About Velocity Title
Velocity Title supports realtors with a comprehensive line of technology-driven title services that add value to each and every transaction. To learn more about how we can serve you and your clients, visit our homepage or contact us today!